The MAIS devastated Bowling Green players and coaches last week with a ruling that the Bucs must forfeit their six football victories this season.
The ruling comes as a result of a complaint to MAIS that Bowling Green was using two ineligible players in all of its games thus far in the 2019 season.
The ruling hits the Bucs very hard, because they are enjoying one of their best seasons ever and recently won the District Championship. Now, instead of being 6-0 and District Champs, they are suddenly 0-6 and have given up their District Championship.
There are only two games left in the season and Bowling Green will continue to play, but without using the players who were ruled to be ineligible, said Principal Beverly Young. She noted that neither the current coaching staff or the school administration were aware that the players were ineligible.
Mrs. Young also said that if Bowling Green can win its final two games, there is still a chance they could make the playoffs. She said that regardless of the outcome, the students, football players, coaches, and the staff of the school will overcome this situation.
Bowling Green will play Silliman this Friday night at home, and Homecoming will be observed.